Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The ultimate attraction, our ticketed facility offers online bookings only.
On completion of your booking, the system will automatically send an email confirmation. This must be shown on arrival. Should a confirmation email not be received, please contact the Sidcup Family Golf team at firstname.lastname@example.org to check your booking.
For all bookings full payment is required online by Debit or Credit Card at the time of booking. (Please note that American Express is not accepted.)
Please note that all payments made online are non-refundable.
Vouchers and Promotion Codes
You must enter any vouchers or promotional codes, and ensure the code has been accepted, and price adjusted, before entering your payment details. No credits or refunds can be made in the event your voucher / promotion code is not recognised online. In this event please contact your Sidcup Family Golf site before making payment.
Any gift vouchers purchased can be claimed at the venue. All gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of purchase. Gift vouchers are redeemable against driving range, golf lessons and crazy golf.
All guests that have booked online must check in at reception during the allocated slot and collect the validated scorecard (if applicable) and receipt for the booking.
Cancellation should be made by telephone to Sidcup Family Golf.
Payment for cancellations made more than 24 hours’ notice will be transferred to a future booking. Cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice or ‘no-shows’ are fully chargeable. Please note that all payments made online are non-refundable.
ALL/Sidcup Family Golf has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy in respect of violent, abusive, racist and/or threatening behaviour towards its employees, agents, contractors or other customers.
Any incident of such behaviour will be taken seriously and may result in further action being taken.
Any individual exercising violent, abusive, racist and/or threatening behaviour will be required to leave the premises and may forfeit the right to return.
Wilful damage must mot be caused to the facilities, fixtures or fittings by any customer. If damage is caused by the customer or any guest attending under their booking confirmation, the customer hereby accepts they shall be liable to pay for such damage caused.
Each site has the right to request all players under 13 to be accompanied by an adult at all times when visiting the venue.
Photos & Video
ALL recognises the use of handheld devices and gives permission for photographic and recording equipment such as cameras, video cameras and mobile phones to be used. ALL requires that such use is restricted to photographs or recording of only the customer or people in the customer’s party.
Photographic and recording equipment such as cameras, video cameras and mobile phones are forbidden to be used under any circumstances in the toilet areas. ALL reserves the right to refuse permission or to withdraw permission of anyone using any photographic recording equipment should the ALL’s Management feel that the safety and wellbeing of its customers has been or would be compromised. Anyone found to be taking photographs or using recording equipment which is considered by ALL to be intrusive or inappropriate will be asked to leave the premises and will be reported to the Police.
NHS / Emergency Services / Armed Forces Discount
ALL offers a 10% discount to group bookings of 6 or more to holders of Blue Light / Emergency Services / Armed Forces ID holders. Relevant codes must be used when booking online. ID is required on site when checking in for booking. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions.
Sidcup on Ice Birchwood Members Discount
10% discount available on Sdicup on Ice skating tickets & Santa’s Grotto Only when booking online with code. Booker will need to display membership card at check-in or may be required to pay excess or refused entry. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions.
Sidcup on Ice School Discount.
10% discount available on Sdicup on Ice skating tickets & Santa’s Grotto Only when booking online with code. Discount only made for bookings for activities between monday – friday. Offer not applicable at weekends. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions.
SIDCUP ON ICE
When Should I Arrive?
We recommend you arrive 10 minutes before your booked skating session. This will give you enough time to get your skates, store your belongings and get hyped for a session on the ice! Please note that belongings are left at the owner’s risk.
How Long Do Skate Sessions Last?
Each skating sessions lasts 60 minutes.
Is Skate Hire Included?
Skate hire is included in the price of your ticket.
Can I Bring My Own Skates?
Yes, figure skates and hockey skates are allowed. We do reserve the right to not allow skates deemed to be unsafe.
What Should I Wear?
Whatever the weather, we recommend wearing suitable outdoor, waterproof clothing. It’s quite normal for there to be a degree of surface water on any real ice rink. For this reason, visitors should be aware that they may get wet even if it is not raining.
Is There Somewhere To Leave Bags And Coats?
Small items or belongings can be stored in your skate cubby hole. Please note that belongings stored are dependant on size and left at owners own risk.
Can I Book A Skate Aid?
We have a limited supply of skate aids for your younger skaters, which cost £4 per session, available on a first come first served basis from the ticket office. Skate aids cannot be booked in advance but can be booked up to 30 minutes prior to your skate session.
Will Sessions Be Cancelled in Bad Weather?
Our indoor ice rink operates in all weather conditions, and we will only ever cancel sessions due to exceptional high winds. Please ensure that you bring suitable outdoor clothing, as there is a risk you may get wet. Ice is after all made from water! In the unlikely event that the Ice Rink must close, alternative skating sessions will be offered. We regret that no refunds can be issued due to bad weather.
Is There A Minimum Age To Skate?
The minimum age to skate is 4, and children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult on the ice. Children between the ages of 8 and 12 can skate independently on the ice – however this is dependent on their skating ability.
SIDCUP ON ICE CODE OF CONDUCT AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
Skaters and spectators understand and agree to the following:
- All persons using the rink do so at their own risk. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or injury.
- By engaging in skating, all skater and spectators are deemed to have knowledge of, and assume the risks of skating, which include but are not limited to:
Injuries that result from contact or collision with other skaters or individuals on the rink
Injuries that result from falls
Injuries that involve objects or artificial structures that are within the properly intended path for the skater.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to the ice rink and/or the venue and shall be entitled to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of all visitors.
- The Promoter shall be entitled to request visitors to leave the venue at anytime, with no refund. The Promoter shall be entitled to remove anyone from the venues who is, or who appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or who in reasonable opinion of the Promoter is conducting themselves in a manner inappropriate to their continued attendance.
- The Promoter shall be entitled to eject any visitor to leave the venue if they do not follow the rules of the rink or further instruction by any of the Sidcup On Ice team. The rules of the rink will clearly be displayed around the rink for visitors to read before entering the ice rink.
- The minimum age requirement to utilise the ice rink is 4 years old, all children using the rink must be able to walk (except in the case of wheelchair users). Children aged 12 years and under must be accompanied by an adult on site. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult on the ice.
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes), eating and drinking are prohibited on the ice rink for health and safety reasons.
- The use of photographic and recording equipment or mobile phones is prohibited on the ice rink for health and safety reasons.
- All tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue licensing laws.
- Tickets cannot be resold, exchanged, refunded or transferred. To do so or alter or deface any ticket will render it void. It is the patron’s responsibility to check his or her tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any tickets which are lost or stolen.
- The ticket holder has a right only to a session of the value corresponding to that stated on the ticket.
- Ticket holders will not be permitted to continue skating once their allocated session is over.
- The Promoter is not liable if the visitor arrives late for any reason and misses their session. The Promoter is not obliged to offer a refund or reallocate a new session time.
- Skating is an all-weather activity and no refunds shall be granted due to bad weather unless the manager deems the ice to be dangerous to skate on. Bad weather includes snow, rain, wind and warm weather which may result in soe surface water that may get you wet. We advise that waterproof clothing be worn or a change of attire for after skating.
- Sidcup On Ice reserves the right to film / photograph activities. Adequate notice will be provided to skaters and spectators upon arrival and customers. All shooting will be in compliance with the latest GDPR regulations.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the damage, loss or theft of any personal property that occurs whilst the ticket holders are at the event, on any the part of the site, or in any part of the event site or structures.
- Sidcup on Ice is a leisure / family-friendly / amateur rink and figure skaters are not permitted to carry out any jumps, spins or lifts, as this activity is dangerous for the other skaters.